Share Your Creations
Recipe Index >
Homemade Baked Beans
|Pressure Cooker Size
||Quite a lot of people
||15-20 minutes on High setting
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons American or mild mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 x 400g (14 oz.) cans tomato passata
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups dried haricot/navy beans, soaked overnight
- Soak the beans then drained and put it in the pressure cooker.
- Put 5 cups of water and add half of the oil.
- Put the lid and lock it in place.
- Set the cooker to high pressure.
- Maintain the same pressure for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the cooker from heat and let the pressure to reduce naturally.
- Drain and discard the cooking liquid then set it aside.
- Put the cooker over a medium to high heat, without the lid and add the
- Put the garlic and onion and cook it until onions are soft for 2-3
- Add the tomato paste and cook it for another minute then add the
- Put the beans that are set aside earlier and simmer it gently for about
- Before serving topped it with grated cheese.
- It is easy to make a Boston Baked Beans because you will only add
- ½ cup
of diced cooked bacon
- pieces while you are stirring the beans into the sauce.
Thanks for visiting