|Pressure Cooker Size
||8 minutes on High setting
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 4 chicken quarters, skinned
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 400g (14 oz.) tomatoes, chopped, with their juice
- 150ml (5 fl oz.) chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 150ml (5 fl oz.) plain unsweetened yogurt
- Heat oil in the cooker and fry the onion and garlic until the
onion is translucent. Remove from the cooker and drain well.
- Brown all the sides the chicken pieces on the cooker and remove.
- Mix the curry powder with the oil on the cooker and let it heat
for 2 minutes.
- Remove the cooker from heat and put the onion, garlic and
chicken back to the cooker adding in the tomatoes, stock, lemon
juice, bay leaf and salt to taste then stir well.
- Cook for 8 minutes on high pressure with the cooker closed.
- Remove the bay leaf and add in the yoghurt.
- Taste and add seasoning if needed.
- Serve with steamed rice and other curry accompaniments of
Thanks for visiting